With the death of ‘Windows 7— the most used O.S. Version in the whole world,’ time has come to upgrade your system to the latest update of the Windows 10 version if you haven’t done yet. Since the year 2015, Windows 10 has come a long way and becomes the most preferred Windows O.S. after the Windows 7 category.
Windows 10 is now considered the best by the majority for showing massive improvements over its predecessors with having a powerful new Start Menu, virtual desktops, fast startup, improved app snapping, and excellent touch support, etc.
So, after considering all these benefits of having a Windows 10 operating system, chances are that those who haven’t upgraded their system to Windows 10, must be now looking for the ways of “how to upgrade a PC to Windows 10 or how to install Windows 10” and that too free of cost.
If so, then you’re in the right place! To help you all, we’ve below mentioned the procedure of upgrading to Windows 10 by installing Windows 10 manually on your PC:
Step 1: Get a Windows 10 upgrade license:
To start with the process of upgrading your PC to Windows 10, you first need to get a Windows 10 upgrade license, and then only you’ll be able to install Windows 10 on your PC. And, to be your surprise, not just one or two, there’re several ways available to get its upgrade license too. However, one only can get a free Windows 10 upgrade license if you enter your Windows 7 or 8 key in the installer to receive a free Windows 10 upgrade license.
Step 2: Backup your entire PC Data:
Though, you can install Windows 10 on a computer without a hitch; but, why to take any such chance that can lead to loss of your system’s data. So, as a precaution create a backup all your PC’s files and data. To do so there’re three options available:
- From ‘Windows Taskbar,’ navigate to ‘One Drive’ and in it, upload your data including all documents, pictures, and other files.
- From ‘File Explorer,’ open this path“%HOMEPATH%” to ‘External Drive’ and in it, copy your data including documents, pictures, and other files.
- Using ‘System Image Backup Tool’ from your Windows O.S. creates a full backup of your entire system.
Step 3: Meet these Below-Given System Requirements for Upgrading to Windows 10:
- Processor: 1GHz or (SoC)
- Storage: 32 GB for 64-bit
- Memory: 1 GB (32-bit) and 2 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600
Step 4: Upgrade your PC to Windows 10 with two below given options:
Option 1: Upgrade through Direct Download—
- Open your web browser and paste this “https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10” in its search address bar.
- On the Microsoft site, click on the button of ‘”Download Tool now” in order to download it.
- Then, simply launch the ‘Downloaded’ tool and select the option of ‘Upgrade this PC Now.’
- Afterward, wait until the tool downloads the software and click on once it is downloaded, click on the license agreement screen to ‘Accept’ it.
- Then, click on ‘Keep personnel files and app’ and then click on the ‘Install’ button.
- After this, wait for around half an hour until your computer copies all the available files.
- Then, once your computer finishes the backup process, it will reboot, and after that, you have to click on the ‘Next’ button from your login screen to further open the ‘Express settings.’
- There, if you want you can change the settings otherwise do it later and just simply click on the ‘Next’ on the screen that reads “New apps for the new Window.”
- Now a pop-up message will appear saying “Finalizing your settings” and then your computer will take you to the lock screen of Windows 10.
- That’s it! You then just have to log in to your Windows desktop to do an initial setup.
Option 2: Create a Windows 10 USB Install Disk—
- To start with this process, follow the first 3 steps of the above option and then simply select the ‘Create Installation Media’ option.
- In that, select the “Edition, Language and Architecture (whether 32 or 64 bits)” of Windows O.S.
- Then, select the ‘USB flash drive’ option in order to install Windows 10 from USB and then click on the option of ‘Finish’ once you get to know that the process is completed.
- Now, simply launch the downloaded setup .exe file on your flash drive to start the process of upgrading your PC to Windows 10.
- After this, select the ‘Download and install updates’ option and click on the ‘Next’ button to download the update.
- Then, click on ‘Accept’ on the license agreement screen, and lastly, click on ‘Install.’
- Now, wait for a few minutes until your system finishes the installation process and open the Windows locked screen with your username in front of you.
That’s all! This is the small yet comprehensive guide for upgrading your Windows operating system to Windows 10. Now, you can simply log in to your Windows 10 operating system to reach Windows (desktop) home screen to enjoy all the benefits of Windows 10 for a better operating experience.