There’s no denying the fact that Facebook is the most popular and preferred platform to interact, communicate, and exchange ideas within (2 billion) people from all around the world. But, at the same time, one cannot deny the other known fact that on Facebook, there’re also some users who might frustrate you, annoy you and make you feel uncomfortable to the extent that you wish to block them. Isn’t it!
‘Blocking someone on Facebook’ means that you have restricted the unwanted people from contacting you and accessing the information that you post on your Facebook page/account. Basically, if you remove/block a person from your friend list or from your Business page followers/subscribers then, that particular person will be restricted of these below-listed things—
- The blocked person won’t be able to see your Facebook Page
- The blocked person won’t be able to see any of your Facebook activity
- The blocked person won’t be able to start a conversation with you on Facebook
- The blocked person won’t be able to comment/follow/like your Facebook page posts
- The blocked person won’t be able to send you invites on Facebook
- The blocked person won’t be able to send you a friend request as well.
Now, after knowing that what all restrictions will be put up on a person if you block them from your Facebook account/page; let’s move further to know how you can block someone on Facebook:
- Open your Web browser from where you always access your Facebook account.
- Then, go to the official ‘Facebook ‘Sign-in’ Page and enter the correct login credentials to open your Facebook account.
- After that, navigate yourself to the ‘Facebook Profile Page’ of the specific person (whom you want to block) simply by searching for it in your ‘Facebook Search Bar.’
- Then, on the profile page of that specific person, you’ve to click on the ‘Three-dots’ that is there next to the ‘Message’ button.
- Once you clicked on the ‘three-dots’ a list of options will pop-up in front of you and from the list of options, you have to choose the ‘Block’ option.
- Then, confirm the same by clicking on the ‘Continue’ button and tapping on the ‘Block’ option once again.
- That’s it! This way, you’ll be able to block a person from your Facebook page. You can now, block as many as you want by following the same procedure.
However, if you want you can also use the other possible ways (given-below) to unfollow/restrict/block a person from your Facebook page and that too without them knowing:
Way 1: Unfollow The Person From Facebook Account:
- In order to do so, login to your Facebook account with the correct login credentials.
- Then, from the homepage, go to the ‘Menu Bar’ from the top-right corner of the homepage.
- After that, click there in order to open/expand the ‘Down Arrow Icon.’
- From the extended options, click on the ‘News Feed Preferences’ option.
- Then, under it, click on the ‘Unfollow people’ option and select the ones from whom you want to hide your Facebook posts or vice versa by clicking on their ‘Profiles.’
- And, as the last step, click on the ‘Done’ button to save the changes you’ve recently made.
Way 2: Move The Person To The Restricted List:
In addition to these ways, this is the best and preferred way to indirectly restrict or block a person from your Facebook account/page.
- To do so, go to your Facebook page and click on the tab of ‘Friends’ from the top of your Facebook profile page.
- Then, from the ‘Friends Tab’ click on ‘Friends Box’ that is there next to the list of friend’s names. This is to be done to bring up the options of friends so that you can select the one whom you want to put in the ‘Restricted list.’
- Now, as the options are available in front of you, simply choose the specific person from it and click on ‘Add to another list’ option.
- Then, from the ‘Add to another list’ option, click on the ‘Restricted list’ in order to finally restrict/block the person from your Facebook page.
Way 3: Remove from ‘On This Day Feed’:
Instead of the above-mentioned ways, what else you can do is, choose the person to remove him/her from you ‘On This Day Feed.’ Doing so will remove that person’s posts from your news feed which means you can completely avoid that person on Facebook from bothering you anymore!
So, to remove the person from ‘On This Day Feed’ what you need to do is navigate near your ‘News Feed’ that is on the top-left of your Facebook page. After that, slowly scroll down to click on ‘On This Day Feed.’ Then, from it, click on ‘Preferences’ button in order to select the ‘Person’ from your list (whom you want to avoid) and also the ‘Date’ for how long you want to avoid that particular person and his/her posts from being included in your news feed. That’s it!