QuickBooks is one of the best account software available on the market; it helps business owners track all the expenses.
If you are already a user of this awesome product, you will probably be happy with the product you have on your hands. You must be happy with the things and how they are shaping up on the business front. But we must remember that keeping the account secured should be the utmost priority for us. So, we must keep changing the password for the QuickBooks Desktop as frequently as possible.
Unfortunately, most of us don’t know how to change password QuickBooks online, which is why we have created this guide to help you in this endeavor.
Let’s have a look at the procedure to change the password in the QuickBooks Desktop version.
There are a couple of ways to change QuickBooks passwords, and those will depend on the password you want to change, it is admin, user, log in, or account.
Well, it is not some pseudo-science; you can just follow the steps listed here to change the password without any trouble.
Let’s get started.
How to Change QuickBooks Desktop Password Online
Changing the password of the account is pretty simple and can be done in two-three simple steps.
- Open your favorite web browser and then enter the QuickBooks.com and then go to Desktop login and login with your credentials.
- Now, go to the Self-employed page and then click on the gear icon to access the Settings menu from the top bar.
- Now, click on the Profile from the next menu page and then navigate to the password section. And now, click on the Edit option located right next to the Password section.
- Now, just follow a simple password change wizard, and then you will receive a confirmation email once the password is changed.
So, you can change, account, user, login, or admin password with these steps. However, you will have to reset the QuickBooks desktop password if you have forgotten the password of the account.
How to Reset QuickBooks Desktop password online
Here are the steps to reset the QuickBooks Desktop password online with ease.
- Open the QuickBooks desktop online version on any web browser and then click on the Sign-in button.
- Now, click on the ‘I forgot my user ID or Password’ link from the sign-in form.
- Now, you will be able to select the method for account verification, and after that is done, you can reset the password with ease.
Well, the steps might be different for the type of password you are trying to reset here. If you want to change the password using the windows version, then you would need to know the password for the account. Only then will you be able to reset the password of your QuickBooks Desktop Account.
If you want to learn more about accounting software and QuickBooks in particular, log on to the Accountiod web blog. They have some of the best content related to accounting. You will find all the steps in detail on their website.