Earlier Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and now Windows 10, high disk usage is a long time issue that users started facing even in Windows 10 version. So, whenever Windows users talk about 100% disk usage in Windows 10 operating system, there’s this one process called ‘Wsappx’ that grabs the attention. It is because the main factor/cause responsible for this issue is the “Wsappx process” only.
So, before knowing how to fix the Wsappx High Disk issue on Windows 10, it is necessary to know about the Wsappx process and the high disk usage issue.
Wsappx Process and High Disk Usage Issue:
Wsappx is a notorious process that Windows users found under the ‘Windows Task Manager’ which runs in the background on your Windows computer. This process is responsible for handling Microsoft’s provided ‘Windows Store Application’ that includes the duty of installing, updating, and uninstalling various Windows apps for the Windows platform along with user command.
Not only that, but, the Wsappx process is further divided into two background services i.e., Client Licence Service (ClipSVC) that provides infrastructure support for the Microsoft store and AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) provides support for deploying Store applications.
So, while providing support and handling this much work, Wsappx occupies the whole disk, CPU, or memory space leading to lowers down the system performance of the Windows operating system.
Now, as you know enough about the main culprit ‘Wsappx’ that eats the entire disk space of the computer, the time has come to eradicate the problem. So, to fix Wsappx 100% disk usage or high CPU usage problem in Windows 10, one has to disable the Wsappx process from their Windows 10 and to do so use these below-given 3 methods:
Method 1: Remove Windows/ Microsoft Store to disable Wsappx Process:
Option 1: Using Registry Editor
- Press the Windows key to open the ‘Windows Start Menu’ and there in the ‘Search Bar’ type ‘Regedit’ in order to open the ‘Registry Editor.’
- Then from the registry editor go to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft’ simply by pasting this address.
- After that select the ‘Windows Store’ folder and open it by clicking on it.
- In Windows Store’s right panel, click right t create a ‘New- DWord (32-bit) Value’ and then hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Then, choose ‘DWord (32-bit) Value’ and rename the file as ‘RemoveWindowsStore.’
- Now, click right on the newly created file and choose the ‘Modify’ option in order to set its value to ‘1.’
- After that, click on the ‘OK’ button and give a quick reboot to your PC to finally apply the changes.
- That’s it! After rebooting, finally, check whether the Wsappx 100% usage problem resolved or not.
Option 2: Using Local Group Policy Editor
- Go to the ‘Windows Start menu’ and type ‘gpedit.msc’ in the ‘Search bar’ to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- In that, firstly go to ‘Computer Configuration’ to select ‘Administrative Templates’ and then go to ‘Windows Components’ to select ‘Windows Store.’
- After that, from Windows Store’s right panel, double-click on the ‘Turn off the Store Application’ settings.
- Then, select the ‘Enable’ option and click on the ‘Apply’ button to finally disable the Windows Store.
- Now, just quickly reboot your operating system to apply changes.
Method 2: Permanently Delete Wsappx subprograms Clipsvc and AppXSvc to disable Wsappx:
- In order to permanently delete Wsappx subprogram AppXsvc to stop the Wsappx process from using 100% disk space, open the ‘Registry Editor’ by typing ‘Regedit’ in ‘Windows Search bar’ from the ‘Start Menu.’
- Then, navigate to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AppXSvc’ and simply open ‘AppXSvc.’
- After that from its right panel, open the ‘Start file’ y clicking on it in order to choose ‘Modify’ so that you can change the file value from 3 to 4.
- That’s it! Now, save changes to finally delete AppXSvc and then just restart your operating system to apply changes.
- Press the Windows key to open ‘Start Menu’ and from its ‘Search Bar’ type ‘Regedit’ to open the ‘Registry Editor.’
- From registry editor navigate to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Clipsvc’ in order to open ‘AppXSvc.’
- Then, click on the ‘Start’ file from the right panel and choose ‘Modify’ option to change the value from 3 to 4.
- After that, quickly restart your PC to apply changes and in order to successfully delete Wsappx subprogram ‘ClipSVC.’
Other than disabling the Wsappx process, users can even increase or expand the ‘Virtual Memory Size:’
- And to do so, navigate from ‘Adjust Appearance vs. Performance in Windows to Advanced tab.’
- Then, from the ‘Advanced tab navigate to Virtual Memory’ to finally set the ‘Initial size’ equal to your RAM and the ‘Maximum size’ doubles from the initial size in order to fix this error.
However, if still, this problem persists, users can visit the technical website ‘Way Binary’ to get further assistance to fix the Wsappx high CPU usage problem.