Netgear WiFi range extender is one of the best devices for those who want to extend the wireless signals coming from the existing WiFi router. If you own a huge or large workplace then your WiFi router alone can not be enough for covering the whole area with fast internet connectivity.
As a result, users are not able to access the internet in all areas of their home or office. The areas where you can’t access WiFi are known as dead spots. The best way to get rid of this annoying problem is to do the Netgear Genie setup.
For the Netgear Genie setup, you need to access the default web address mywifiext.net. For that, just launch an updated internet browser on your computer and access the Netgear extender login page.
Once done, it is quite simple to make your Netgear extender up and running without any hassle. Nevertheless, make sure your extender is connected to the WiFi router with the help of an Ethernet cable for the flawless installation of the device.
How to Perform Netgear Genie Setup?
There are two ways to perform the Netgear Genie Setup. They are: using mywifiext and via the WPS Button
How to Perform Netgear Genie Setup Using Mywifiext?
Walk through the guidelines below to set up your Netgear range extender via web GUI.
- Power up your extender by inserting its power adapter into a working electric outlet.
- Check the Power LED on your Netgear extender to ensure that it is turned on. If all the lights are showing green, you can proceed further.
- Make sure that your router is providing good internet speed.
- Now, on your computer, open your favored internet browser and type Mywifiext. net in the address bar of it.
- Pressing the Enter key will redirect you to the Netgear WiFi extender login web page.
- Enter your default username and password into their respected fields. If you are not aware of the details. Access the Netgear extender manual to fetch the same.
- Click on the Log In button.
- This will take you to the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Select the WiFi network you desire to extend from the list of available WiFi networks.
- Hit the Continue button and follow the on-screen guidelines till you don’t find the Finish option on your system’s screen.
- Once done, you will be shown with a notification saying ‘Congratulations’! This is how you can complete the Netgear Genie setup. Later, connect all your client devices to the extended WiFi network of Netgear Genie.
How to Perform Netgear Genie Setup Via WPS Button
Another method to execute the new Netgear Genie setup is to use the physical WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) option. Here are the details to perform Netgear WiFi range extender setup by making use of the WPS method:
- Power on your Netgear WiFi range extender and wait till you find power LED on it shows green.
- Turn on your home WiFi router as well. Connect the extender to the router using Netgear range ext.
- Press the WPS button on your extender.
- Once done, press the WPS physical button on your WiFi router.
That’s all! You are all done with the Netgear Genie Setup via the WPS button. Now, connect all your WiFi-enabled devices to the new extended WiFi network and enjoy using the internet the way you want.
Hopefully, you will now be able to perform Netgear Genie Setup with ease. Do share your experience with us about which method you find the best for making your Netgear Genie working.