You may want to know more about solar power and off-grid system. You should contact the reputed pv system supplier to know the details.
What is Off-grid?
Basically, Of-grid means, electricity is supplied to the building or household by any means apart from the grid. It can be through solar power or any other alternative source energy.
What are its components?
- Mounting Racks: You need to first determine the number of solar panels to install at your place to generate adequate electricity to meet your business or household needs. The next step involved will be to determine the location to place them. It is here that solar mounting system and mounting racks come in. It helps secure the panels to the ground or roof. For this, you need take into account available land.
- Solar panels: It is the panels where energy is collected from the sun’s rays. This collected energy is then converted into usable energy. The function of the solar mounting system is to fix and secure the solar panels in its place.
- Charge controller: For the off-grid solar power system, one of the most important components essential is the battery. A charge controller will be required to extend the lifespan of the battery. This way, the battery will not get overcharged. Moreover, if it is equipped with some low voltage disconnect, then over-discharging or even both may reduce the battery’s lifespan considerably. Hence, you should take care of the batter to ensure it works effectively for a long time. Contacting the professionals at https://www.mbt-energy.com/ can help you know how.
- Array DC Disconnect: It operates quite similar to that of the household circuit panel breaker. Here, the solar array gets disconnected if there is experienced electrical overload.
- System meter: They are similar to gauges present in the motor vehicle. They offer different measurements of the performance of the solar electric system. It includes battery discharge state, electricity amount produced by the solar panels and much more. The solar electric system can also be operated without using the system meter. However, it will seem driving a vehicle, but without its gauges. This will only mean, you will be worried about impending disaster that might strike at any time. The experienced solar racking supplier can explain much better.
- Battery bank: Buy battery bank only from the certified supplier. It is mandatory for the off-grid system. Its function is to store electricity that the PV panels produce during the day. This energy can later be used on cloudy days or at night.
- Main DC Disconnect: It is mandatory for off-grid systems and offers safe, quick way to disconnect battery from inverter to prevent electrical fires.
- Inverter: DC electricity is converted by the inverter that the solar panels produce into AC electricity. Usually, Off-grid inverters are stored indoors, close to the battery bank as they are not designed to be weather resistant. Choosing a reliable ground PV system is essential to obtain good results.
Discussing with the leading supplier can help you to buy a top quality ground PV system for your solar power installation.